Author Topic: FreeDomainRadio Uses Copyright Rules To Get Tru Shibes videos removed?  (Read 2304 times)

Disillusioned

• FDR Enlightened
    Re: FreeDomainRadio Uses Copyright Rules To Get Tru Shibes videos removed?
    « Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
    So, on the FDR forum, there is a new thread "Because people have asked...", where MMD explains, "I received messages from several listeners about their calls/images/videos from participation in our shows being used to bully them online. This was spread a cross two different channels and they asked if I could have the content removed. Going after listeners is completely unacceptable and I used the methods at my disposal to remove the material. If you attack listeners, you don't get to use any of our material. That's the line."

See? The material was taken down to protect the listeners! So selfless. Stef has no problem with criticisms, he just won't tolerate bullies, obvs.

jolly_roger

• White Knights
    • FDR Aware
      « Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »
      Have no clue how Mr. Molyneux would explain this logically

The results are in: no one guessed right ;)

Quote from: Michael M. DeMarco
      I received messages from several listeners about their calls/images/videos from participation in our shows being used to bully them online. This was spread a cross two different channels and they asked if I could have the content removed. Going after listeners is completely unacceptable and I used the methods at my disposal to remove the material. If you attack listeners, you don't get to use any of our material. That's the line.

source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/freedomainradio/757872784269014
      (Can someone verify the link, by the way? Just got booted from the FDR group for my contributions to the thread about this incident)

thanks for the link to thunderf00t's video.  I am still evaluating options on how to fight this, after I get to know more about the laws around this, and also the precedents that have been set.

I'll be glad to donate Dogecoins to the effort. :P

I understand if you want to stay anonymous, but from what I understand, if you challenge them, they don't have a leg to stand on (though admittedly my understanding is based on a few articles I read a long time ago).
      I'd also happily chip for any legal fund you might need.

jolly_roger

• White Knights
      • FDR Aware
        « Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
        See? The material was taken down to protect the listeners! So selfless. Stef has no problem with criticisms, he just won't tolerate bullies, obvs.

Dang, you beat me to it.
        The funny thing is some (most?) of the videos were not even taken from listener conversations.
        I'd ask how they explain that but... banhammer.

Disillusioned

• FDR Enlightened
          « Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

Dang, you beat me to it.
          The funny thing is some (most?) of the videos were not even taken from listener conversations.
          I'd ask how they explain that but... banhammer.

Yeah, same. I don't recall any listeners being attacked or bullied in Tru Shibes' videos.

BiggerThanBothofMe

• FDR Curious
            « Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
            I think it would be wise to post the Shibes videos, once they are re-uploaded elsewhere, on the front page of this site to show that they do not attack listeners. The majority are just Stef talking by himself. Call out this blatant lie.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
            • FDR Curious
            • "I thought they taught philosophy over there."
              • Jim Jesus
            « Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »
            Lowering the tone a little here, but I wanted to draw your attention to the sad situation afflicting one respondent to Jim Jesus's video. This is an older gentleman who many will recognise as a bigger PK than the Great Man himself and a primary "undue influencer" of the young and dispirited, but his mighty thrust failed so badly that I even suspect Jim Jesus and Dr. Elvis H. Christ thought he was supporting their cause. Doh!

Can't work out how to post a screenshot worth a damn due to limited intelligence, but the comment references British TV comedyh classic 'Dad's Army'.

I had no idea if he was supporting or not so I just made a neutral joke. Thanks for pointing him out though.  :P

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
            • FDR Curious
              • Jim Jesus
            « Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
            So, on the FDR forum, there is a new thread "Because people have asked...", where MMD explains, "I received messages from several listeners about their calls/images/videos from participation in our shows being used to bully them online. This was spread a cross two different channels and they asked if I could have the content removed. Going after listeners is completely unacceptable and I used the methods at my disposal to remove the material. If you attack listeners, you don't get to use any of our material. That's the line."

That would be him admitting to being guilty of perjury. Cranking up Sony Vegas.

Prodigal son

• White Knights
            • FDR Wizard
            • I got serious
              « Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »
              I had no idea if he was supporting or not so I just made a neutral joke. Thanks for pointing him out though.  :P

You're welcome. I would say that your confusion as to whether the comment was supportive or not reveals the feeble-hearted conviction of this senior cult member in opposing the flood of evidence against his cause. Perhaps he'll relent?

I suppose "flood of evidence" implies a consensus fallacy on my part, but it feels good to have so many allies at last.

"Don't like it up 'em" is, as I'm sure everyone knows, an expression from WWI related to the bayoneting of enemy soldiers, which is hardly what I would have expected from such a NAP-oriented peaceful scribbler.
              I stood up

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
              • FDR Curious
                • Jim Jesus
              « Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »

There it is, all pink and naked.
              Here's a link to the version of FDR I just received from someone on FB.
              https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxC_6zILAcnZZkxWLUMxSUFnU1k/edit
              « Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:56:28 PM by JimJesus »

HansKarlsson

• FDR Enlightened
                « Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
                Quote from: Michael DeMarco
                I received messages from several listeners about their calls/images/videos from participation in our shows being used to bully them online.
                You gotta prove it dude. You flagged all his videos, not just the few that were having snippets from conversations with listeners.
                This was spread a cross two different channels and they asked if I could have the content removed.
                What's the other youtube channel?
                Going after listeners is completely unacceptable and I used the methods at my disposal to remove the material.
                Thank god using a Glock is not at your disposal.
                If you attack listeners, you don't get to use any of our material.
                Not saying that Tru Shibes attacked any listeners, but this is in line with what Molyneux says about abusive parents. 'Nobody can abuse my children but myself!'

PS: Waiting for Molyneaux's venting on this during the next call-in show, so "we" can put everything behind and move forward toward saving the world from evil, force and abuse.
                « Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:46:43 PM by HansKarlsson »
                "Everything that's rich and deep is crap."
                -Stefan Molyneux

ariellograms

• FDR Curious
                  « Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
                  Wouldn't one of the "methods at his disposal" be nicely asking Tru Shibes to remove the videos with the listeners in them, rather than just jumping to using "the gun in the room"? Doesn't seem very UPB, or anarchistic to me.

(I posted this from my phone, initially, and it was plagued with errors. sorry :/)
                  « Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:43:27 PM by ariellograms »

BicameralMilieu

• White Knights
                  • FDR Aware
                    « Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
                    thanks for the concern.  :)  I do not need any money or donations.  I hope they don't get to turn it into yet another money begging scheme.

I am mostly trying to strategize what would have the most impact, given their circumstances.  This is politics;  It is like playing chess.  For the time being, I think anyone that wants to can download and mirror the content in a YouTube account they won't mind losing.  Tag videos so they'd show up on search results, and see if MMD takes them down.  Then, anyone who wants to take on FDR and MMD for bogus complaints should!  If he doesn't, then they all stay up and available.   ;D

I think Youtube is ideal because they will be available for the Stef curious that are viewing his content on there.

Anyone think of anything flawed about this strategy?

My advice: hand all of this evidence of his deceit to his enemies, especially on Twitter. Blast them with links to videos, screenshots, etc, and brief summations of this supposed anarchist using the gun in the room to shut down his most vocal critics over very tenuous (well, nonexistent reasoning). He's been hopping around on Twitter trying to start fights with social media personalities to increase his own profile. Arm his enemies. I declare war.

If someone else wants to file a counter-claim on Tru Shibes behalf, that might be worth looking into to.

JimJesus

• #ArizonaIcedOutBoys
                    • FDR Curious
                      • Jim Jesus
                    « Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
                    Wouldn't one of the "methods at his disposal" be nicely asking Tru Shibes to remove the videos with the losteners in them, rather than just jumping to using "the gun in the room"? Doesnt seem very anarchist to me.

It would have been fine for the people complaining to file privacy complaints with YouTube, but they didn't and they didn't on their behalf. They (ab)used a government "gun."

marly qq

• FDR Curious
                      « Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
                      my contribution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9MTV2TTVjs&feature=youtu.be

stay strong, shibes!

Non Serviam

• White Knights
                      • FDR Curious
                        « Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »
                        I absolutely Kompf the idea by BicameralMilieu. Stef behaves not just double but triple badly under attack, and a wide internet-haters based attack is the best way to f*ck his play up to show his true colours.
                        I'm not here to debate You-Know-Who's views, I'm here to state my views about his behavior.